Here’s a little story about the famous Swiss psychotherapist Carl Gustav Jung. It’s been said that whenever a friend reported enthusiastically, “I was promoted at work!” Jung would say, “I’m very sorry to hear that; but if we all stick together, I think we will get through it.” And if a friend arrived depressed and ashamed, saying, “I’ve just been let go,” Jung would say, “Let’s open a bottle of wine; this is wonderful news; something good will happen now.” Well something good did happen when my guest Dana Ostomel was let go from her job — she founded Deposit a Gift — the most fun, flexible, hassle-free way to raise money online for anything that matters to you, and that includes online memorials! In this interview, Dana tells us how her business can help you raise money for a funeral, memorial, or anything you care about, in an organized and efficient way. And then we wax about the future of the funeral industry! Well the future is now folks, in this eye opening interview with Dana Ostomel of Deposit a Gift.
In this show you’ll learn:
- The difference between crowdfunding services, and how Deposit-a-gift is different
- Personal messages that come with gifts. How to get a big, fat hug from the Internet!
- Reasons for making memorial funds
- How to pass the hat…Internet style!
- How the community can show their support…without wasting money.
- An immediate way to show you care in an organized and efficient way
- Why non-profits use Deposit A Gift in obituaries
- How you can be certain your donations are going for the right purpose
- The best way to set up a great donor site
- The different ways recipients use the donations
- How “death tech” memorial funds like Legacymemorials.com will become the norm
- About My Social Book from Brazil ~ a fast and easy way to capture your Facebook memories
- If holograms might allow us to communicate with the dead in the afterlife
- About the memorial park of the future: inner city, touch screen flat screen displays, Artificial Intelligence
- How to get an automatic upgrade that waives the setup fee and lowers the percentage by entering Enter code “D2DA15” at depositagift.com
- About Rachel Zeldin from I’m Sorry to Hear